Thank you for your interest in the Meads, Ciders and Sours organized by West Coast Brewers, Perth, WA.
You only need to register your information once and can return to this site to enter more brews or edit the brews you've entered.
Thanks and Good Luck To All Who Entered the Meads, Ciders and Sours!
There are 23 registered entries and 39 registered participants, judges, and stewards.
As of 8:58 PM, there are 0 received and processed entries (this number will update as entries are picked up from drop-off locations and organized for judging).
We are honoured that this year our competition is sponsored by Erosion Meadery and Zeez Beez.
1st Place mead will receive:
1. Ingredients for a batch of mead (go ferm, fermaid At, yeast) and a Fermentasaurus (around $165 in value - sponsored by Erosion Meadery) PLUS 15kg of honey (sponsored by Zeez Beez)
2nd place mead will receive 10kg honey (sponsored by Zeez Beez)
3rd place mead will receive 5kg honey (sponsored by Zeez Beez)
- Only WCB Members may enter club competitions.
- WCB Members may receive a discounted entry fee for WCB competitions.
- One or two entries may be submitted per brewer, per competition, but only one (the highest scoring) is eligible for certificates and prizes.
- A brewer is not required to enter beer in BOTH the People’s Choice and BJCP portion of the competition.
- A minimum of 1.5L of beer must be entered for People’s Choice.
- The People’s Choice, or most popular entry, will receive a certificate and a prize.
- A minimum of 2 x bottles (ideally 330mL) of beer must be entered for the BJCP portion of the competition.
- The final 3 beers in the Best-of-Show round (if held) will receive place certificates. Otherwise, certificates will go to the three highest scoring beers.
- The annual Club Champion Brewer will receive two trophies: one to keep and one to hold for the year.
- To be eligible for Club Champion Brewer you must enter a minimum of three club competitions per calendar year.
- The Club Champion Brewer is based on the average of a brewer’s three highest scoring entries, in different competitions, per calendar year.
Print bottle labels from this site and attach to bottles with elastic bands please.
People’s Choice – Tuesday 14th November
BJCP Judging – Sunday 26th November
Winners announced – December Meeting
NOTE: ALL beers entered must show a significant SOUR portion to their profile.
BJCP Categories allowed: -
23 - European Sour Ale (All)
27 - Historical Beer: Gose or Lichtenhainer ONLY
28 - Exprimental beer: 28B (Mixed-fermentation Sour Beer), 28C (Wild Specialty Beer)
34 - Specialty Beer (All)
CIDERS - ALL
MEADS - ALL
Judging Locations and Dates
Comp Director's House
32, Little Rush Close, South Lake, WA, 6164
Sunday 26 November, 2017 at 1:00 PM, SGT
You can send an email to any of the following individuals via Contact.
- Admin — Administrator
- Andrew Walsh — Competition Coordinator