European Lagers Info
Registration is closed.
Entry registration is closed.
- Only financial members can enter club competitions;
- Two bottles are required for club BJCP competitions (minimum 330mL each). Just throw away the extra two labels that the comp site creates;
- If there is a People's Choice for a competition, submit a minimum of 1.5L so there is enough to go around (in addition to any BJCP bottles of course);
- Generally, you can decide to enter the BJCP or the People's Choice or both. If you enter both (as most people do), you'll need to submit sufficient total bottles/quantity for 1) AND 2) above;
- Up to two entries per brewer, per competition, but only one (the highest scoring) is eligible for certificates and prizes;
- Write your entry number (not the BJCP category) on the lid. Write directly on the cap or stick a "dot" on there to write on;
- If your number is 6, 9, 81 etc., then make it clear which one is yours with a line underneath the number;
- Affix the labels to the beers with an elastic band or two;
- Try not to print the label in microscopic size. We don't all have good eyes anymore;
- To be eligible for Club Champion Brewer you must enter a minimum of three club competitions per calendar year; and
- The Club Champion Brewer is based on the average of a brewer’s three highest scoring entries, in different competitions, per calendar year.
BJCP 2015 Judging Styles
If a style's name is hyperlinked, it has specific entry requirements. Click or tap on the name to view the subcategory's requirements.
|3A Czech Pale Lager||3B Czech Premium Pale Lager||3C Czech Amber Lager|
|3D Czech Dark Lager||4A Munich Helles||4B Festbier|
|4C Helles Bock||5A German Leichtbier||5C German Exportbier|
|5D German Pils||6A Marzen||6B Rauchbier|
|6C Dunkels Bock||7A Vienna Lager||7C Kellerbier|
|8A Munich Dunkel||8B Schwarzbier||9A Doppelbock|
|9B Eisbock||9C Baltic Porter|
Number of Bottles Required Per Entry: 2
Judging Sessions and Dates
Best of Show
Best of show will be based on a BOS round if multiple judging tables are reuiqred, or highest score if a single table is judging
BJCP prizes will be awarded at our April club meeting
Peoples choice will be announced on the night of the poeples choice competiion
Monday 12 April, 2021 8:00 PM, SGT